P12s setup help.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
I didn't realise that they had to be drawn in to work. I was trying the extra modules out at the top of the tree as part of my testing to see if i had enough power etc to run them so hadn't gone as far as drawing them into the visualiser. I shall do that and give it another go.
Thanks for the info :)

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
i honestly didnt know you had to draw them either, will be interesting to find out if that fixes it for you.

on a side note, i can see why it would require it to be drawn, so it can determine where in the display it is nested

mborg10

Michael Borg
Yeah drawing it should make it work. Twinkles and chases run thru as they are wired sequentially but to do a macro and map to object or stage LSP needs to know where on the stage it is. I learnt it the hard way and actually I keep forgetting to do it haha

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Damicka10) said:
Yeah drawing it should make it work. Twinkles and chases run thru as they are wired sequentially but to do a macro and map to object or stage LSP needs to know where on the stage it is. I learnt it the hard way and actually I keep forgetting to do it haha

Makes sense, thanks.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
logandc99 said:
I didn't realise that they had to be drawn in to work. I was trying the extra modules out at the top of the tree as part of my testing to see if i had enough power etc to run them so hadn't gone as far as drawing them into the visualiser. I shall do that and give it another go.
Thanks for the info :)

The reason you need to draw the elements for the effects to appear when using transitions and macros is because LSP will map those effects to the drawing based on the location in the visualizer, if there is no drawing then LSP cant map to that drawing as it doesnt exist, this is the reason LSP allows you to treat your whole diplsy as just a single element because once drawn it then knows the location of all the elements that are in a display. Its a very powerful feature.