P12S - WS2801 not working

richardd

Full time elf
I have both the P12R's and P12S's I have setup my 12S the same way as the 12R and I'm unable to to get the 12S to light any of my WS2801 in the test mode dip switch 4 up. I have tried both the 12S's

I have them setup as 1 Y WS2801 750

I don't have any WS2811 yet

richardd

Full time elf
Still not working. I have a favour before I contact Ed is there someone in Australia that has experience with the P12S that can test my controllers with WS2801, WS2811 and 6803 (CCR) chipset I think. Maybe it just a configuration error as neither one of my new controllers work, with the WS2801, I don’t have my WS2811's yet and have not tested the controller with 6803 yet due to frustration with not getting the WS2801 working.

Thanks for any help...

Cheers

kane

Dedicated elf
Best suggestion would be to post screenshots of your configuration screen (including the effects page)

And then perhaps photos of the board and how you have the strip/pixels connected

Plus some notes on which coloured wires you've hooked up to which pins on the green connectors, and details on the exact lights you're using, so we can ensure that the right cables are going to the right spot...

richardd

Full time elf
As requested I have attached a pdf of the screen shots Would appreciate any help. Not sure if this is the correct way to post a file.

Thanks

Attachments

• richardd P12S config ScreenShots.pdf
    752.9 KB · Views: 0

Benslights

Dedicated elf
hi Richard I do not see any power in the top section of the board. do you have power running to the top 2 power inputs???

richardd

Full time elf
Yes there was power to the board when I ran the test. The picture was just cut off.

kane

Dedicated elf
Have you tried the "testpat enabled" checkbox on the configuration screen - I don't have a p12r (or s), and am running slightly older firmware, so haven't seen that - perhaps Ed has shifted the test pattern to software? (rather than the dip switch)

Also, probably no need to enable the effects - so I would disable all checkboxes on that page, to be sure there isn't anything on there causing issues.

Final thing - don't assume that wire colours and/or pcb markings are correct - always worth trying different combinations to rule this out as an issue..

richardd

Full time elf
Hi Kane

Yes, understand the wire colour mean nothing, the information I provided was by looking at the information on the LED themselves

Tonight I will see if reloading the firmware will help. I will report back.

Cheers

Richard

richardd

Full time elf
Well I reloaded the firmware at least I know I'm up to date on the firmware. I also notice after rereading this post that Kane had the answer, I check the testpat enable box in IP setting and the light worked. I did not notice that and thought dip switch 4 up would put it in test mode I guess that does not work for the p12S. Can't wait to test my WS2811 when they arrive. Last time I checked the lights cleared customs in Perth and were release.

Thanks again Kane.

Cheers
Richard

kane

Dedicated elf
richardd said:
Well I reloaded the firmware at least I know I'm up to date on the firmware. I also notice after rereading this post that Kane had the answer, I check the testpat enable box in IP setting and the light worked. I did not notice that and thought dip switch 4 up would put it in test mode I guess that does not work for the p12S. Can't wait to test my WS2811 when they arrive. Last time I checked the lights cleared customs in Perth and were release.

Thanks again Kane.
Good to hear we were able to get to the bottom of it.

This is the reason we always suggest posting screenshots and/or photos, with as much information as possible. Even tthough I don't have a P12s/r, by checking out the screenshots, it gave me things to suggest to try out.

Cheers

Kane