P2 - 4 Universe Output update?

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
Looks like dave is ready to start testing his new matrix.

Sure am. Hope to get it 100% ready to fire up Wednesday morning, but it's ready for a 50% test (1 full P2) now. I'd like to confirm that it will run fine as is before continuing on with cabeling in case there is any issue with the 4 Universe codeas I'll be running 4 universes, or 520 Pixels per output.

harrison0550

Full time elf
Now that the update is out and working for multiple universes on a single string P2 output. Is there a tutorial or guide posted anywhere on how to set up your channel lay out of multiple universes on one string?

I'm just just not understanding what happens after 170 pixels or 510 channels respectfully. What happens to channels 511, and 512? Do they offset everything by 2 channels in universe 2? Or is there now a place in the string settings of the P2 for multiple universes where you set it to skip 2 pixels then start back at pixel #1 universe 2.

Or do you set up each universe in sequence universe #1 (1-512) universe #2 (513-1024) ?

I'm sure there is clarification buried somewhere I'm jut having a rough time locating it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
I don't have my controller handy at the moment, but the gist is there are 8 lines on the pixel output page, they represent the 8 possible universes.

Configure each line with the exact number of actual pixels you have in that universe. On the string itself, The next universe starts straight after the last pixel you configured in the previous universe.

Does that make sense?

harrison0550

Full time elf
Ok I think I'm with you. So lets say I have 200 pixels broken up in 4 strings of 50 pixels. I connect them all 4 in one long 200 pixel string and inject power where needed etc.

To sequence them correctly I'm thinking I put 100 pixels on universe #1 so channels (1-300) then how do I add the other 300 channels? Would I need to set up the sequence to continue on and fill out universe one i.e. channels (301-512).

I just cant seem to wrap my head around how the controller knows where to stop universe #1 and start universe #2 when all the pixels are on the same string.

Maybe those little pixel are smarter than I realize. Or maybe I'm just over thinking it. I dont know.

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
You would configure the:
- first line in the controller universe 1 with 100 pixels
- second line would be universe 2 with 100 pixels.

Then you would configure your sequencer with:
- universe 1: channel 1 to 300
- universe 2: channel 1 to 300