P2 assistance needed for 2d ray tree

Jimbo

Full time elf
Hi,

I am struggling to get my 2d ray tree running.

It is 4m high, 40 pixels per strip total 480 pixels.

In LSP I have this tree starting on channel 513 universe 2. I have set the universe parameters in LSP so universe 2 starts on channel 513 (170 RGB) and is 510 channels. Universe 3 starts on 1023 (170 RGB), Universe 4 starts on 1533 (140 RGB).

Universe 1 goes to the D2 and has 512 for tsandrad dumb rgb and led lights.

In the P2 I Have:

Act #01 ticked. String type 2811 checked and speed 3000. Universe number = 2, start slot 1, pixel count 170.

Act#02 ticked, universe 3, start slot 1, pixel count 170.

Act#03 ticked, universe 4, start slot 1, pixel count 140.

Act#04 unticked, .

I don't have a ground wire going from the output of the p2 to the ground of the power supply. I am ussing a simply 12 v pack supy, which has a 5oomA output. The 12 strings are connected accross 2 power supplies (50 % load on each) with 6 power injections (1 every 2 strips).

When I turn the power on, and the p2 is connected i get the first strip of lights on with random colours. nothing else lights up.

I have checked and rechecked all wring to make sure it is ok. There is no join of power supplies as each side is separate. There are also 5amp fuses for each power injection.

Any thouths or help would be appreciated

Robert

Apprentice elf
Are you able to put the p2 in test mode? If everything lights up, you will know its on the software side.

vincerules

Full time elf
How about your effects page? Do you have that configured correctly?
How about some screen shots of both config pages (string/effects) so we can see if someone might be able to notice something wrong

Jimbo

Full time elf
So last night I added the ground wire from the p2 to the negative of the first strip and half the tree now works.

The other half doesn't though.

I haven't touched anything in the effects tab. What are u supposed to put in there? I had 6 of the strings working with no settings on.

Will try and post pictures later

dale82

Senior elf
Jimbo, Are you able to post a Pic of your config? if not do you have teamviewer that I could possibly have a look at your config? Any way I will be in Chat if you need a hand.

Jimbo

Full time elf
Hi,

Finally figured it all out.

The main issue was a faulty 4m strip. After testing everything with a multimeter and seeing the test pattern wasn't getting past the 5th strip, I plug in one of the spare 4m strips and it worked.

Ran it in LSP and worked correctly.

All good. Glad I ordered a few spare strips for the 2d tree