P2 connections problems

Boof63

Senior elf
Hi , am trying to test connect 2 x ECG P2 2013 models firmware v2.7 ( indiviually for testing) direct from computer via Ethernet . Have had no problems running URL and daE131 to test lights (ws2811) on last years model ( Direct connection from p2 to computer)O
However I can't connect to web page using 10.10.10.10, even though UBL shows it as the address.
1 Old P2 has lights in daE131, but no web access

2 new P2 connects using UBL however no lights at all, data has a voltage of 4.95 volts normally 0.85 volts, pwr is normal 12.15 volts , no web access on 10.10.10.10
2 3rd P2 connects using UBL same as above but changed IP address to 10.10.10.11
Computer is 10.10.10.1
Have tried powering off / on but no success , using same connections for each p2,' same jumper settings on each board , any help most appreciated, as very very very frustrated at the mo. ( I do realise it maybe me doing something HoHoHo about but it ain't helping :-[ )
Thanks in advance for all help that may be forthcoming
Cheers boof63

neilric99

Full time elf
when loaded into the UBL check the XML file for the IP address, the UBL screen always shows 10.10.10.10 as default when you first enter it.

Boof63

Senior elf
HI Neil , thankyou for taking the time to reply, I can access all the P2's via either lan or usb and change the ip address via the UBL programme. What I cant seem to do is access the P2's using the ip address and get into the web page.
I am using a direct connection from computer ---> P2, there is no internet connection at all so , it is setup on a home network , but that's as far as it gets. Access is not achieved using either chrome or ie10. Antivirus is turned off as their is no need.
IS this the problem, in the p2's need to be connected via a router to work properly??? otherwise still stuck but thanks for answering, appreciate it.
cheers Boof63

Boof63

Senior elf
Hi all, just an update to problem , spoke to yagoona lights and coz and emailed ed. after 1hour on chat and no success was really getting annoyed. Emailed ed and got a reply by next morning , tried ed.s suggestions with no luck. LIghtbulb moment, try setup/access on different computer. In this case laptop. Guess what - yes, everything worked fine. So my "old" computer appears to be too old or whatever , to correctly run access to p2 via IP address. So thanks to all who have helped me sort this out and apologies for wasting people's time and effort. It does say great things about this forum that people will help you out even when you are being a twit!!
Cheers boof63 :p :p :-[ :-[ :-[