P2 String Config Page

bob_moody

Apprentice elf
Greetings everyone.. hope all is going well for all...

I'm building 8 HolidayCoro CoroCanes using 16 pixels in each cane. At cane #8, I realized that I "screwed the pooch" and didnt provide a return path from pixel 16 to carry on to the second candy cane to keep the string in each cane in sequential connection to the next and so on.

I can fix this of course. I can add wire at the 16th pixel and carry back to the bottom where I can attach a cable to carry the signal on to the next cane
Cane 1 - Pixel 1 thru 16 (channel 1 thru 48)
Cane 2 - Pixel 17 thru 31 channel 49 thru ...)
and so on...

Several questions about the P2 and configuration...

1. There are 2 outputs on the P2, each can support 4 universes?
2. How do pixels see the single output but react to 4 universes? Is it still sequential but each output will service 2048 channels 512 univ 1, 512 univ 2, 512 univ 3, 512 univ 4, then you have to include the second out to get univ 5 thru 8?
3. If 1 and 2 are true, then there isnt anyway to address the pixels in parallel? In parallel, what one does they all do.. sequentially you have control over each pixel.

My CoroCane setup will have 128 pixels (384 channels) living in one universe and if I wanted or needed to address the reamining pixels in univ 1 or any of the remaining 3 universives on a single output I would have to keep the sequential chain alive?

(typing this out seems to explain to me better but I would really appreciate confirmation of what I "think" is right since I have already messed up on this project !!)

Thanks for your continued support.... I really appreciate it...

Bob

harrison0550

Full time elf
1: yes
2: yes output one will do universe 1-4 and output 2 will do universe 5-8. You specify in the P2 configuration how many pixels will be on each universe and what each universes # will be. You dont have to max a universe out to carry on to the next one. You could tell it to go to 100 pixels on universe 1 then start universe 2.
3: you will have individual control of each pixel however you can change how they react in the string settings of the P2. For example you could have every 5 pixels do the same thing or even the entire string do the same thing as the first pixel.

Yes you will have to keep the data stream alive to carry on to the next section of pixels.