Papagayo into LSP

Porsche

Full time elf
Hi all, I need some advice from a few of our computer wizzes here on ACL.
Ive just hired a software developer/programmer at work to help design some pretty cool realestate and construction programs I have in mind.
Well hes got some time on his hands before the next project.
What is everyone's thoughts about getting this papagayo or similar program designed/modified so we can use direct into LSP.
I know currently we have to go through LOR but wouldn't it be cool if we had our own program we could use straight into LSP.
Im only thinking out aloud, not even sure its possible??
So I need the advice of our gurus if this can be done, what it needs etc etc and ill show it to the boy and see what he can whip up for us.
But I have no idea about IT or any of the technical bits behind LSP or papagayo. I do however have the resources to get something done for us should anyone have any ideas.
I just need some IT talk to explain to him what we need???

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I personally would be happy if a better version of papagayo could be done. There are a large number of quirks with papagayo and a re-write would be good. Direct outputs to lsp, lor, xlights sequences would be great.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
For a start it would be good to be able to move all the phenomes (?) around in a bulk manor. At the moment you need to move individual ones around and for the sake of ease it is often easier to break songs into minute long segments. The videos from Bob at http://itsmebob.com/SD.html show how to do stuff and Bob's port of papagayo is definitely a better starting place than the original papagayo program. The ability to use some of the faces like ShellNZ or Holidaycoro use would probably be good too.
My face I was building for 2012 is still a work in progress. Any tools to make the sequencing easier for when it is done would be great.

Porsche

Full time elf
Like having the ability to draw our own faces/figures etc and assign them to each phoneme?
So where Papaygao has drop down menu for mouth 1 and mouth 2 etc. You'd like to be able to draw your own faces in and add it to the drop down?

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
Not to jump in, because I've never used papagayo, but look at the thriller 1 and 2 video tutorial for HLS and I think you will see everything and feature you guys are talking about, except the export.
John

mborg10

Michael Borg
o
Porsche said:
Don't hold me to it Matt. hahahah.

You have committed yourself now. Let's just hope the next project doesn't kick off for a while and you can get some good time spent on this.

arw01

Full time elf
With the re-write, you should pound on fasteddy to get the guys to give us an API or something that will import timing marks, patterns etc back in to LSP.

They seem to have broken the import function, unless you have your guy do it in like lor format or something that we could bring into a sequence, copy to the clipboard the whole "sequence" on a channel or set of channels and then plop right on to our controller, that would work and not be too onerous and could potentially be program independent!

Alan