Patching Help

mbl111

New elf
I'm trying to patch some elements to controllers and I don't seem to be having much luck.

My "Snowflake" prop has its order set out in the custom prop editor correctly, and when I go to patch it it seems to pick up the fact that an order is set, but with my sub groups under the main "Snowflake" prop group I'm using for sequencing it seems to patch more objects than actually exist and not in the order it says it wants to patch them in.

Is there a step I'm missing? or do I have to end up patching my pixels one by one?

Kitman

Full time elf
When making Sub groups personally I create these after I have created the main item, I do this by copying the items from the main prop into another group.

For example I have some reindeer that I have converted to pixels and made custom models for, I added those and then patched, then for Rudolf's red nose I copied the pixels from Rudolf into another group labeled Red Nose so that I have Rudolf as a model and the red nose as a "sub" model so I can either light up Rudolf as a whole including his nose or just light the nose.

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
What version of Vixen are you using. There was a Fix included in 3.5 Update 3 that may relate to your issue.

However do not install 3.5U3 as there is a couple of issues that Effect the Wipe and PinWheel effects. These have been fixed in a Dev build and we highly recommend you install the latest Dev Build until 3.5 Update 4 is released.