Pixel control board options

dannyWA123

New elf
Hi All, wow what a crazy year it's been. This year ( if I haven't left it too late ) I would like to dip my toe into pixels. Other than Falcon boards like the F16V4, what other brands and model's do people use? I had a look at the Pixel Controller.com site and the Falcon's are out of of stock ATM. I would probably start with 12v pixels too ( I haven't actually got any or power supplies either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Can't wait to see what everyone has install this year for their displays too. :)

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
You could try reaching out the david@pixelcontroller.com and ask if any Aus stock is going to be available for postage soon (I imagine david is very busy at the moment so not sure how long a replay would take).

You could try a Advatek Pixel Controller

The are Aus based also

As mentioned there is some other options like the kulp boards

and others have mentioned a Alan Hanson board

Lots of options, but maybe availability and shipping time may be a deciding factor at this time of year

There isn't alot of options locally available from pixels

You could look at

or if you are after 5v pixels try

You could try one of the Chinese pixel vendors like
Etop Led
Ray Wu
Scott LED
Air freight is very expensive at the moment however

Also the ACL wiki has a great list of vendors

Last edited:

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
I have in my stash of controllers

HE123MK2 which is new to me this year but so far has been flawlessly easy to set up - This runs with a BeagleBone Black or Green using FPP and has probably the most options any controller could offer.

2 Advatek Pixlite Mk2 Long range controllers - The Advatek are more advanced controllers and offer a lot more options than the Sandevices controller
1 Advatek Pixlite Mk2 Controller

1 Sandevices e682 - My first controller, good basic controller does the job

darylc

404 darylc not found
Hi All, wow what a crazy year it's been. This year ( if I haven't left it too late ) I would like to dip my toe into pixels. Other than Falcon boards like the F16V4, what other brands and model's do people use? I had a look at the Pixel Controller.com site and the Falcon's are out of of stock ATM. I would probably start with 12v pixels too ( I haven't actually got any or power supplies either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Can't wait to see what everyone has install this year for their displays too. :)
@dannyWA123 Plenty of in stock in Australia. As per the website, email him to order david@pixelcontroller.com

1632650221970.png

dannyWA123

New elf
Thanks everyone, sorry Daryl, I didn't even see that on the site, appreciate it mate :)