pixel setup issues

scamper

Dedicated elf
I am having some issues setting up my pixels.
I have a f16 controller (new firmware)
vixen 3.2
ws2811 strips

I built 5 spiral trees and ran them on a test cycle without any dramas. Now I have decided to rename all of my universes to get a more logical control over my show before it gets too big and out of control.

I have 1 f16 controller that I have setup as "f16a" and set it to start at universe 101 to 120. I am using 101 to 104 as the DMX outputs and then 111 to 120 as pixel outputs.
The other is "f16b" and starts at 201 and goes to 220, same as the first.

I setup 4 separate controllers in vixen, named f16a, f16b, f16a dmx and f16b dmx. Again, just for logical layout.

I had a little trouble getting it all working to start with as I had the universes set to 512 instead of 510 channels so the spiral trees were about 9 pixels out, but I eventually worked it out and now that is ok.

The problem I have now, is the second of the 5 trees is lit up green and then has whatever colour overlayed onto it. ie. I send a red pulse out and the tree is green but pulses yellow.
I removed the tree and swapped it with another, so it is not the tree itself.
I totally unpatched the controller and redid the whole lot, still the same. I have checked and rechecked the configuration and cannot find anything wrong.
has anyone got any idea?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Firstly close down vixen and pump data at the boards with da_e131. If it responds as you would expect with da_e131 then it is likely to be a patching issue with vixen.

scamper

Dedicated elf
Thanks Alan,
You were spot on, although I don't know what I did.
I tested the spirals in da e131 and they were ok (except for 1 string which I knew was a different manufacturer and needed the rgb changing)
I then deleted all the patching from vixen and did it again and this time it worked.
I have now got most of my display tested and working, so am 1 happy elf :)
Now I just hope the cable I ordered weeks ago arrives soon as I need some extensions made...