pixel strings not working from Ray

razataz327

Garnet
HI ordered 16 sets of http://www.aliexpress.com/item/5m-DC5V-WS2812B-led-pixel-srip-IP68-in-silicon-tube-30pcs-WS2812B-M-with-30pixels-36W/949715127.html for my mega tree.. finally got them after about 45 days.. with 5 v power supplies.
I made 16 arms for the tree using plastic conduit and tied the 3m pixel strip to them. Checked out the power supplies and both say 5 volt but one is 12 volt...uhhhhh
I then tested the pixel strings with E6804 using the attached connectors on the strings. Five strings wont light up at all... so much for the mega tree this year..
Any thoughts on how to test or do something to get the faulty strings working
thanks
Garnet

burner

Full time elf
Did you happen to power up those 5 strips with the 12v PSU? They may been fried. Did you see any smoke coming from them in this case?

burner

Full time elf
Is it possible that just the 1st pixel is no good, but the rest are o.k.?

thevikester

Apprentice elf
Out of 50 that I ordered 8 didn't work...took the first pixel out of all of them, and they still didn't work...I really should have tested ALL of them before putting up my tree...was a long hard road to take them down and rearrange them...When I start again next year, with another order, I will be testing not only the lights, but the connectors...I received some bad extensions as well as connectors...Best of luck!!