Pixel Toy

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Phil gave us a demonstration of this nice free piece of software at the canberra meet and greet and i must say i was more than impressed. This software is easy to use and controls lights in real time, I wish all software was as easy and powerful as this as this would make sequencing so much easier. Some great effects can be generated using this software and it saves into and XML file format and the author welcomes plug in to be developed.

So worth a look especially if you have pixels, I would love to see pixel toy and nut cracker joined together as sean has some excellent models and pixel toy has an awsome user interface.

Could this be the future of sequencing.

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
I had a play with this software tonight and I am loving it!

I am going to use a Dell Latitude ST Tablet PC (which was a test unit from work) for viewers to play with my lights in between shows (when I am around that is).

It is going to be something that most people have never done before on a Christmas light show and hopefully the kids will be amazed by it.

crispy

Apprentice elf
I've been using this since it was first mentioned here and I can't for the life of me get the output to work using my ECG-P12R. Any advice?

Kaden

crispy

Apprentice elf
It turns out that my router/modem doesn't support multicast. Some here suggested I use a switch in my network. I found an old linksys router and configured it as a switch, I now have Pixeltoy up and outputting. Works quite nicely :)

Kaden

crispy said:
It turns out that my router/modem doesn't support multicast. Some here suggested I use a switch in my network. I found an old linksys router and configured it as a switch, I now have Pixeltoy up and outputting. Works quite nicely :)

Yeah PixelToy is pretty awesome, this is an early test I did with it http://vimeo.com/54082314