Pixel tree progress

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Jamie, is that superstar you've used to sequence your tree. I would love to know how to do the increasing spiral that you did.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Very Nice Jamie. that is one of the best i've seen. great effects

DanJ

Full time elf
Very well done!! That will bring a totally awesome element to your display!!!

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
BundyRoy said:
Jamie, is that superstar you've used to sequence your tree. I would love to know how to do the increasing spiral that you did.

Yes it is superstar..
that effect is created with the following
Smooth effect - spiral
Start in the middle of your tree / matrix.
Time approx 5 secs.
start radius 0 end 20
start angle 165 end 3765 with 10 revolutions
start width 3 end 3 tail length 4.0
8 colours with blended ticked..
That should do the trick..

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Thanks for that Jamie. I don't have superstar at the moment. This is my first year and I've only been using S3 advanced. I can do most things just it's not that user friendly for creating anything in a matrix that involves a circle. Wasn't sure if superstar was designed specifically for the LOR cosmic colour devices or if it works with pixel matrixes. Might have to look into it more.

Is there any difference between what LOR calls cosmic colour lights and pixel strips or is that just a fancy name for the same thing.

I just looked on the LOR website. They say the cosmic colour ribbon has 150 lights and 150 channels. I would of thought 150 pixels was 450 channels. Am I missing something or does LOR consider a pixel as 3 lights or do they consider 1 channel to control the 3 inputs for a pixel. It makes a difference when working out which version of superstar I would need.

Just did a bit more googling. Cosmic Colour ribbon is 5m long with 50 pixels. So LOR considers a pixel as 3 lights. They have 10 pixels/m, I'm guessing to help keep the channel count down.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Jamie, does superstar work within S3 or as a stand alone program that exports to S3 to make the show. I was thinking maybe if I got the version just large enough to do my matrix then I could do my matrix export it then do my arches separately and export them later.

If not what do you do if you have more than 6000 channels (besides go elsewhere).

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
Bundyroy,
Ive just got enough superstar to do my pixel tree. I havent tried to do another element with it. Im guessing it should be ok but simeine else might be sble confirm. Superstar (SS) work beside the lor sequencer. You load the music into ss and program. Then you export it as a seperate sequence. Open normal lor sequencer and copy it in.. Or thsts how i do it anyway.. The major difference ive found between pixel strip and lor ccr is the price. However you need a pixel controller to run the strip. The lor ccr is easier for plug and play i would suggest.