Well like usual I get energized to work on my display during xmas and then near end of January I begin putting things off and its usually November when I start ramping up. Luckily I'm not one of those people that tries to turn on lights Dec 1st. I'm happy if I get things running by about the 15th because 2 weeks is enough for me. So I'm not sure if I'll get it done but I was trying to build a pixel tree similar to Ruprect's using the strap method. I made like one strap in January and then kept putting off the rest of the work till now. I've spent the last 10 days trying to build the frame and work on the straps. I found out the pigtails I had bought were the wrong ones. I always use 3 core and I accidentally had bought 4 core so I had to place a new order a few days ago so its shown as shipped but still in China. For the frame I bought the cheapest welder Home Depot had. I've done a little welding before with better equipment. With this welder the welds aren't coming out pretty but it will get the job done. I'm trying to build something a little different than I've seen others do. Everyone else seems to attach the straps and then lift the whole pole. I'm trying to build the top ring such that I can raise and lower it using a pulley. I just finished the structure today and the top section is raising and lowering good so I hope it works as well after I attach the weight of the strings. I'm just using a rope right now but if its too hard to pull by hand I may attach a cable and a boat crank. Here's the base. It didn't come out perfectly round like I'd like but its close enough. I drilled the holes first but that caused them to become weak points when I was bending the metal into a circle. Also when welding the spokes the heat seemed to cause the metal to bend at the junction like the metal was able to relax the stress when heated. This shows the assembly I welded up to hold the pulley at the top. There is a coupling on top in case I want to attach another pole section to hold a star. Here's a photo showing the top ring in the lowered position. It's about 6 feet off the ground when lowered due to it hitting the coupling that attaches the 10' pipe to the lower pipes. This is a photo showing the top ring raised to the top. With my 4" pixel spacing my pole needed to be at least 15' from the base ring.