Pixels and Power Injection. Can someone check over

Henedce

Apprentice elf
I have started building some 200mm coro stars for my roof and would like to space them fairly well apart.
I need to order the waterproof plugs to wire them. But before I do could someone please check over this diagram for me and make sure I'm on the right track.

Roof Stars Wiring sml.jpg

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I'm assuming that you are supplying power from the null pixel end as well as what you are showing on the right of the drawing. Without digging out some data and doing some maths I'd nearly say that you will get better power distribution by injecting power at the left hand end of the strings that you have currently drawn as well as from the null pixel end. Other than that I can't see too much wrong with the drawing. The 2 lower power injections won't be doing much more than dropping the resistance of the wire feeding that corner as the 2 wires are only 1 pixel apart.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
So looking at the diagram it appears your using null pixels between each star as well. What is the distance between stars, you should be able to get at least 2 metres between the pixels before having to use null pixels.
The other main factor is are these 12VDC or 5VDC and how many lights are you using in each star. If its 12VDC then you should be OK with that arrangement except that i would have a supply also at the beginning where the null pixels are. If 5VDC then you may require a feed on both sides due to the extra cable length used. I would experiment and see what ends up working best for you.

Anither way is to use more than one power supply and just link the data, clock and ground wires together depending on how its layed out