Pixels and Traditional lighting in Paralell

I have several Renard SS24's that I have built and want to continue to run incandescent lights on a part of my display and want to run pixels on a mega tree. Can I run this show on one show computer and if so what would the configuration look like? Has anyone posted a diagram of an existing setup that they may be doing what i am trying to accomplish? I want to transition into pixels without sacrificing all the work I have done over the years. I have built and currently have over 15 SS24's.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I don't know anything about the Renard boards but all you need to run pixels is an ethernet connection so you can run both pixels and Renard with no issues.

JPB

Full time elf
I run 128 Renard channels out of my serial port and E131 to drive pixels out of of the Ethernet port. Simple in Vixen 3. Even have 1 universe on a USB to DMX dongle.
Jon

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
There are a couple of software options that will allow you to run both E1.31 and Renard, both LSP and Vixen come to mind.

There are also hardware options, I know the ECG-DR4 could do E1.31 to Renard output and think there may be some other choices out there that can do this as well.

So you can ease yourself into pixels whilst keeping all your old hardware, the way you do it is your choice.

JPB said:
I run 128 Renard channels out of my serial port and E131 to drive pixels out of of the Ethernet port. Simple in Vixen 3. Even have 1 universe on a USB to DMX dongle.
Jon

Thanks the Serial and Ethernet ports make sense. I was trying to figure out how I was going to do two protocols out of one port. I have downloaded a Vixen 3 and checking it out. I have used vixen for the past 3 years. I am also looking at xLights.