Pixels flickering different colors

yzguy96

Full time elf
hi,
last year my I had issues on my setup when I put the lights up on my house. It was only on the second floor and the only things I can think that could have contributed was the second floor was on a separate power supply(but grounds were connected between power supplies) and the data wire coming from my first floor roof line came from a long length of leds where I think I had some slight voltage drop cause the white towards the end of the strip was not as bright or as white as the beginning. I think I did try putting a null pixel between floors but the run is only a few feet.

Anyway I am about to hang up my lights this year and I tested all the windows individually. I did have one bad pixel on my windows but other than that the lights seem like they work. I did not test everything together yet cause I had no room and I figured I would do it when I put everything up. I just hope last years issue doesn't come up again. Any suggestions if it does?

Thanks

yzguy96

Full time elf
ok I thought I tried putting one null pixel and it didn't help but maybe I need two if it occurs again. Should I also inject power towards the end of the strip since its losing voltage (its barely noticeable but I can tell the white is not as white)