Pixels going wrong direction

CargoLights

Apprentice elf
Generous elf
It kind looks like you might have duplicate channels. Have you run Tools - Check Sequence? Even if you can't make sense out of it, you'll win some points with the people in the Zoom Room if you've run that and have the results handy.

Adam V

Apprentice elf
so i did a test. Changed to connect at green square and it works fine but not with connection starting at blue! i should be find to connect either end right? definietley dont wanna redo all the pixels on that line.

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Connected to blue i cant see the reverse option
If reverse was selected in pixel properties you'd see it next to the "Ctrlr Conn" as ws2811:20;reverse

After you're succesful green square test I wonder if the string settings on your controller are set to reverse?
I did something similar to you for a Return Gutter and LH Gutter on the same controller port and my LH Gutter was in reverse so I made a virtual string and set the main string "Return Gutter" as reverse and the virtual string "LH Gutter" as non reverse.

merryoncherry

Senior elf
I was wondering if chase effect behaves properly... could it be fill effect only or is it all the effects that seem to be reverse?
Also, is it true for all the render styles?
If you had a group with less types of things in it, would that matter?

Adam V

Apprentice elf
If reverse was selected in pixel properties you'd see it next to the "Ctrlr Conn" as ws2811:20;reverse

After you're succesful green square test I wonder if the string settings on your controller are set to reverse?
I did something similar to you for a Return Gutter and LH Gutter on the same controller port and my LH Gutter was in reverse so I made a virtual string and set the main string "Return Gutter" as reverse and the virtual string "LH Gutter" as non reverse.
At this point i would love to just select reverse but not sure how. this is all through xlights render. i cant see any line settings in the controller to reverse that would reverse line.
Setting to green everything works fine. setting to blue it doesnt.
I was wondering if chase effect behaves properly... could it be fill effect only or is it all the effects that seem to be reverse?
Also, is it true for all the render styles?
If you had a group with less types of things in it, would that matter?
it is true for all render styles. i can see that one line operating from the wrong side on all. havent tried a smaller group.
Im sure its a small thing but it is doing my head in. lol

Adam V

Apprentice elf
Ok guys,
Thanks for the help. Problem solved thanks to Paul.T in xlights zoom apparently there is bug in xlights per model single line effect. All i had to do is change them to per model default and fixed the issue
🥳

Last edited:

gingrbredman

New elf
Ok guys,
Thanks for the help. Problem solved thanks to Paul.T in xlights zoom apparently there is bug in xlights per model single line effect. All i had to do is change them to per model default and fixed the issue
That is great to here! Paul helped me the other day as well, that Zoom Room is great, and the hosts don't get enough credit.

I also had an issue with the single string function, when running in groups. It is maddening to see a single prop behave the way you think it should, then group it and it does something crazy, that drop down is not so talked about, but so important when sequencing. Who would have thought the "default" option is what messes it up but changing it can make such a difference. Saw a video from Ron Howard where he went and played with all these settings in different effects to show the dramatic change this dropdown can provide.

Great to hear you got it all squared away!

Adam V

Apprentice elf
That is great to here! Paul helped me the other day as well, that Zoom Room is great, and the hosts don't get enough credit.

I also had an issue with the single string function, when running in groups. It is maddening to see a single prop behave the way you think it should, then group it and it does something crazy, that drop down is not so talked about, but so important when sequencing. Who would have thought the "default" option is what messes it up but changing it can make such a difference. Saw a video from Ron Howard where he went and played with all these settings in different effects to show the dramatic change this dropdown can provide.

Great to hear you got it all squared away!
Cheers, such a simple fix but very frustrating and seems not alot know about it. Hope this helps others in the future