Pixels lighting up

anthonyrusso3

New elf
I'm having problems with pixels lighting randomly, I'm running sandevice E682 first 4 outputs 80 ws2811 pixels, 2nd 3 outputs 100 ws2811 pixels, 4th output unused ,3rd group 1st output 20 ws2811 pixelso and that's it, I have null pixels every 10 feet with no power injection. Running lor software. During songs when nothing is in use random pixels light up. There not at full brightness and just twinkle on and off for a second In no apparent order. Checked the software nothing in the sequence . Changed the board, changed the cable, nothing seems to work. So just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to fix. By the way I'm running two other e682's with no problem.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Pixels are fairly susceptible to picking up induced voltages from other cables and this is noticeably worse if you have other cables running parallel to the pixels in close proximity. If possible I'd try just powering those pixels with nothing else powered and see if they still flicker. If that stops the flicker then you will need to work on a process of elimination to work out which other cable or cables is the offending one/s. If it doesn't stop the flicker then better power is all I can think of with the possibility that power injection would be the 1st step.

anthonyrusso3

New elf
I spent half a day moving wires and it worked. Thank you very much it was driving me crazy.