Pixicles in action

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Well many of you know of the design I have been playing with for well over a year now I call Pixicles, or Pixel Icicles. It has progressed from a demo idea:
http://youtu.be/WLSfyMPR68A

to a fully fledged build:
http://youtu.be/owNFyFpRDW4

Well now the final gear has been placed on the house ready for a quick and nasty halloween display, before remaining there for the Christmas display in December. A quick video was made at the insistance of Yagoona, so here it is:

http://youtu.be/r6sNjU1E6DA

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I could see a scrolling message could get sent around them. They're looking good Lithgow

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Thanks guys (and girls). Messages are possible, but hard to read due to spacing, so thats what the large led matrix is for :)

Shell - that is the fire effect in LSP, and actually looks pretty good on the pixicles. Bird, yes I am now planning on a few more solo bits in songs now I have seen them in action, as during testing last night I had about 10 cars stop and people got out to look.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Kaden said:
Absolutely, this is on my list for next year!

It's funny watching the trends and copying in here, as we all have ideas and then others modify them to their own display.

MPH did a Pixel megatree and then everyone wanted one. Yep I have a small tree, set to expand next year

Someone put a light in these odd plastic tubes and now every man and his dog has tint tubes with lights inside. Yep 10 with pixels and 6 with just RGB here

Eddy made these candy canes in Coro that looked rough in the day but absolutely brilliant when lit up at night. 12 of them here

Lenrie's Christmas Lights on the central coast made these brilliant looking mushrooms for her display last year. Modified substantially and 6 toadstools are being used here this year

Pixicles seem on the cards for people next year so thats great - my turn to pay back all the things I have shamelessly copied from others :D

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
lithgowlights said:
Kaden said:
Absolutely, this is on my list for next year!

It's funny watching the trends and copying in here, as we all have ideas and then others modify them to their own display.

MPH did a Pixel megatree and then everyone wanted one. Yep I have a small tree, set to expand next year

Someone put a light in these odd plastic tubes and now every man and his dog has tint tubes with lights inside. Yep 10 with pixels and 6 with just RGB here

Eddy made these candy canes in Coro that looked rough in the day but absolutely brilliant when lit up at night. 12 of them here

Lenrie's Christmas Lights on the central coast made these brilliant looking mushrooms for her display last year. Modified substantially and 6 toadstools are being used here this year

Pixicles seem on the cards for people next year so thats great - my turn to pay back all the things I have shamelessly copied from others :D
If people want to copy what you have made then i see this as a compliment as you must have done something right for people to want it. I have built a 12 strip tree this year because i like the way they look. Thats whats great about the community, we all feed of eachothers ideas so we can spread the cheer.

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
If people want to copy what you have made then i see this as a compliment as you must have done something right for people to want it.

Imitation is the best form of flattery. Especially when what you create is bringing joy to thousands of people thousands of kilometers away!