Pixlite and it's string effect configuration options

pagrosse

New elf
I'm a J1Sys user but after checking out the Pixlite, it outspecs it on a number of items so I'm considering purchasing one. However, at least with the P2, I can configure multiple different color mappings (RGB->GBR, RGB->RBG, etc.) on the same output, see attached. I didn't see anything in the manual that discusses color mapping and if it has this capability. Anyone aware of this or can post a screen shot of the effect configuration screen?[/size]Also, does the P12S even have this? I need something with more outputs than the P2 so it's either the P12S or Pixlite 16.Its crazy to actually need this, but because I sourced pixels from multiple places, they aren't standard (how is this even possible????)Thanks!

Attachments

• P2 effect config.JPG
    P2 effect config.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 8

Robert

Apprentice elf
There is rumor that J1sys is coming out with new firmware, for p12s. Allowing for multiple universes per output. Hope I'm not adding to a fish tale,lol.

I think I saw a video, on falcon Christmas, of the pixlite config? I do believe you can do rgb conversion. Couldn't you do the rgb conversion in your software. I know LSP has that ability

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
The pixlite 16 only has one colour mapping setting per output. You can't change the colour order as you go down a line of pixels.

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Hoping that the pixlites will be able to do this in the future (change orientation mid-stream), and also reverse mid-stream would be great.

mararunr

Here to learn! (and share)
3505 NW Edgewood Ave, Bentonville Arkansas, USA
Another warning with Pixlite (and I own both a PixLite 16 and a PixLite 4 so I'm not just bad mouthing something I don't have) - With Pixlite, all of your pixels have to be the same type (ws2801 as an example) across all outputs. So yes you can do more pixels off one board but they have to all be the same type. As an example, you can't run ws2801 off outputs 1, ws2812b off output 2, etc. So you can run many elements/fixtures/pixels but you are tied to a single type.
For many this is a deal breaker on the PixLite. Hopefully they fix at some point.
This was my first year and so I bought everything at once so it wasn't a big deal to me. I'm 5,600 channels of ws2801 no problem (a 20 foot tall, 32 strand, 360 mega tree and several other elements all off the one board).
Hope this helps.

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
With the Pixlite you can run different string types on one side of the board and a different one on the other side ie 5V 2801's one side & 12V 2811's on the other.

DO NOT buy multiple different types of pixels ands experince has shown a number of us the "newest" is not necessarily the best 2811's & 2812b in the bin back to old faithful 2801's