Pixlite config in xLights

Rickras85

Apprentice elf
Installed .24 not using expanded mode but thank you for the option xLight Team.
This how I get my DMX Decoder (PWM) to run the Dumb RGB light. (Mini Trees)
Yes I do own a Falcon but I just dont like it.
Yes I know they can do funky stuff, but what is the point if I only use ws2811 and design the setup to work with what I have.
K.I.S. works for me.
View attachment 14849
View attachment 14854
I just set the channels used or max of the decoder (30)

Here are a few pic's of my setup Ful IP65+
With a bit of expantion room, will see how it goes with the FNQ summer. (Heat and Rain)
View attachment 14852
View attachment 14853
The power supplies are all upside down. This will affect their cooling capacity as they aren’t designed to be installed that way. Also Ignoring the ocd factor most of us have.

TANSA

Sparky with Blinky Lights ;-)
Generous elf
There is no up or down with PSU’s
if they have fans for air circulation or it’s own convection with enough surface to transfer the heat. (Or water on some of them)
Been doing this for many years in many different situations, all you need is air flow and surface area to transfer the heat.
They don’t come with a this way up sticker, or do they????
I have had one stop working in a gate control board with PLC and VFD and lots of relays in 40degC hot sun beating down on it, but changed it to one that had the correct temp rating and it is still going 2-3 years on.
The only OCD is our own.
We all have our own way of doing things, that is why life is so interesting, there is many ways of doing the same thing

TerryK

Retired Elf
There is no up or down with PSU’s
if they have fans for air circulation or it’s own convection with enough surface to transfer the heat. (Or water on some of them)
Been doing this for many years in many different situations, all you need is air flow and surface area to transfer the heat.
They don’t come with a this way up sticker, or do they????

This is a bit dated but I wanted to comment. Depending upon a manufacturer's particular model, some power supplies do have a 'kind of' up/down mounting. Most manufacturers, not all, will have the best mounting either mentioned in the operating documentation or in a separate installation instructions document. Again for most, not all, if a power supply has a fan, the fan air flow direction if not sideways is typically up so that natural convection airflow helps the fan. Convection clearance distances are also usually mentioned by the manufacturer somewhere for sides, top, and/or bottom depending upon how the manufacturer intends the supply to be mounted.

As quite a few on ACL use Mean Well's LRS Series, here is a link to the Installation Manual. Note the Section Installation, Part 3.