Pixlite Configuration

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
I finally got the controllers out to hook up to the laptop tonight, running late as usual.

I have several Pixlite 16's an a couple of Pixlite 4's which all connected and run on xLights flawlessly for the last couple of years but tonight it's turned to custard. Below is one of the controllers with the IP from the last shows which is correct but I am having trouble getting the adapter settings correct, I'm afraid this is still smoke and mirrors to me still. Early on we set the adapter to 192.168.0.51 but I am having trouble getting it right.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers Kev

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
Bit of an update on this saga!!

I have got the network settings sorted and can communicate to the Pixlite with a static IP 192.168.0.51 which I manually set but when I change the settings back to Auto DHCP I then can't get into the configuration?

I'm sure there is a simple explanation but ...

nagyOUT

New elf
By your screenshot, the select adaptor suggests your laptop needs a static ip address. I suggest settings it to 192.168.0.250. You’ll be able to open the pixlite configuration then. Once you’re done set your laptop back to dhcp.

gerry

Senior elf
If the Pixlite has a static ip address eg 192.168.0.34 , then as long as your laptop is connected to the same subnet eg via your router or switch , using the Advatek assistant , do a search and then select the device that comes up. Cant remember if you have to do a refresh adaptor - I did not think that adapator mattered.

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
If the Pixlite has a static ip address eg 192.168.0.34 , then as long as your laptop is connected to the same subnet eg via your router or switch , using the Advatek assistant , do a search and then select the device that comes up. Cant remember if you have to do a refresh adaptor - I did not think that adapator mattered.

Thanks Gerry

I actually got it sorted late last night, early this morning actually. I'm sure there will be time to sleep sooner or later.

I have set the address and left it on 196.168.0.51 and it is all good.

The lesson to learn is get the gear out earlier and get familiar with it all again before December. Still life gets in the way sometimes I know.

Cheers Kev