PixLite16 Grouping re sequences

dwbarnett

New elf
Hey gang. Talking to Sean Meighan this eve. He suggested I post here, to see if what I want to accomplish is possible.

I'm going to RGB this year for the Christmas show. Got everything setup from Holiday Coro. It is basically tested and ready to go plug and play.

I'm using 24 5m RGB strips, that have 150 individual controlled pixels.

I have some sequences now that are 24x50 pixels. I would like to expand those pixels to fill my entire 150pix strip.

Use the existing sequence layout, to convert to my PixLite 16 setup.

Sean, suggested I could do this using grouping w/in the PixLite16.

Again, my setup is a 24x150, the sequences are 24x50(folded) so really the sequence set up is for 24x25

Could I use grouping to help my situation.

The only other idea I came up with is to take each pixel effect row. copy/paste that 6 times to stretch to the bottom of the strip of 150 pixels. IE the 1 pixel would be down the column 6 times.

Lot of work. even possible that way as well?

Any insight appreciated folks. Hope you can give some good advice/ideas. IF the grouping thing will work, make my situation a lot easier.

Thank You for your valuable time.

Best,
David

Devo

Apprentice elf
Community project designer
Hi David,

Currently there is no "grouping" ability on the PixLite controllers. it's not something we have had much demand for and because of that we don't have any plans to implement it anytime soon.

If you want to replicate the existing 25 pixels you will just need to do it in the sequencer. Not sure what sequencer you are using, but I have done this before quite easily in LOR by simply highlighting a row and then using copy and paste.

dwbarnett

New elf
hi, thank you for the response. Yep, that is what i am doing now in LOR

Hope to create some macros to make it easier.

Not good news for this newbie, but Thanks for the info

best
David

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
Devo said:
Hi David,

Currently there is no "grouping" ability on the PixLite controllers. it's not something we have had much demand for and because of that we don't have any plans to implement it anytime soon.

If you want to replicate the existing 25 pixels you will just need to do it in the sequencer. Not sure what sequencer you are using, but I have done this before quite easily in LOR by simply highlighting a row and then using copy and paste.
Hey Devo yr mail box is full, can't PM u.....