Pixlite16 Output set up

RevRob

New elf
Hello All,
I have a question regarding the channel setup on the pixlite 16. I am doing the outline of my house. I am using two power supplies so I am trying to put half the pixels on one side of the board and the other half on the other. My question is do i need to use all the outputs on each side? If I do not need to use all of them do you still have to assign the outputs not being used channels or can you just put 0 in the blanks? I think I may only need to use 2 outputs on each side, since each output will run 340 pixels. so I am a little confused on how to set that up inside the pixlite16 control panel. I know how to make it do all the same # of pixels per output and I know how to set it up for the outputs I am using. I guess I am just confused on how to tie in the outpu[/size]ts not being used.
[/size]
[/size]Thank you
[/size]Robin

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
robin1373 said:
Hello All,
I have a question regarding the channel setup on the pixlite 16. I am doing the outline of my house. I am using two power supplies so I am trying to put half the pixels on one side of the board and the other half on the other. My question is do i need to use all the outputs on each side? If I do not need to use all of them do you still have to assign the outputs not being used channels or can you just put 0 in the blanks? I think I may only need to use 2 outputs on each side, since each output will run 340 pixels. so I am a little confused on how to set that up inside the pixlite16 control panel. I know how to make it do all the same # of pixels per output and I know how to set it up for the outputs I am using. I guess I am just confused on how to tie in the outputs not being used.

Thank you
Robin

Hi,
  1. You can assign any Universe number to any output on the Pixlite 16. (using the advanced button)
  2. You can assign any number of pixels to that output to a total of 340 ( 2 universes.)
  3. You do not have to assign anything to the other outputs, until you want them.
  4. You can have many controllers with say universe 1 selected, just means they all receive the same data but if nothing connected nothing happens.
So you say you only want to use two of the outputs, one either side. just put the number of the universe you want it to be and the number of pixels. More pixels is not an issue just more traffic on the network.

You must, though, align the universe to your sequence so when the sequence calls to send data to the lights it is sending it to the correct universe.
You should be using Multi-scan then the software will find the universe on that controller and send the data to the lights.

Hope this helps.

RevRob

New elf
ok I just saw the part about multi scan. Where do I set the multi scan up at is it on the pixlite or is that in s3

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
The multicast setting is in the network settings for LOR. I think it is more than likely the default option anyway.

Depending on when you bought your pixlite 16 you may have to do a firmware upgrade to get the test pattern capability. It has only been added to the controllers in the last 6 months or so. If you need it you can download it here http://www.advateklights.com/resources/ . You need to download the latest version of the assistant first and then do the firmware upgrade.