pixlite4 E1.31 to LOR help

gnatman

New elf
I need help, I tried searching for a wiring diagram for E1.31. I would like to make my cat 5 cable go from my pixlite4 to LOR I think. I'm very new to this and just got my pixlite in the mail tonight.. I've got an LOR 16ch. 12v Controller on the way and I also have a 350w power supply so far and the rgb 2811's are on the way.. I have the slightest clue on making it all work.

gnatman

New elf
Thank you so much AAH I tried to grab the user manual last night but it wasn't working. Their site was acting strange.

Maple

New elf
I'm not to sure about the LOR side, but have set up my Pixlite 4 with a DMX output to an AVD24 (24ch DMX board thing). the pixlite side was awesome-easy. In the interface select the board, open it up, and under the control tab, click the DMX output enabler, set your details there for universe, and that's done. With the output, its D+, D- and Ground, Check the spec that Alan linked, but think it's pins 1, 2 and 7/8. the input on the DMX board is std RJ45, so I just cut the end of an ethernet cable, and wired it into the screw terminals of the pixlite.

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
You can purchase a LOR DMX X-over cable pre-made if you do not like DIY. Make sure it has a GND... some are made with no GND.

Your options for running it based on what you purchased....

1. PC -> E1.31 -> switch -> Pixlite -> LOR DMX x-over cable -> LOR Controller
2. PC -> E1.31 -> switch -> Pixlite and PC -> LOR Rs-485 Dongle -> LOR Controller

3. PC -> E1.31 -> switch -> Pixlite
Also from the switch add a ECG-D4/D2 or other E1.31 to DMX Bridge -> LOR DMX x-over cable -> LOR Device

I use the 3rd method with no problems

-Blu

gnatman

New elf
Forgot I posted this in here, I finally got the board powered and the LOR all wired up. I've got a standard cat5 cable that I cut one end off of to wire to the Pixlite. Other end is plugged into the LOR controller. I'm not sure on how to finialize the setup. I was toying with it last night and the status light was solid green. Though I'm not sure what that meant. It's all confusing Cuz the manual says steady means it's working. Later on they said a blinking light was what you wanted.

I just have to figure out how to configure it so the LOR talks to the Pixlite 4

ecbailey

Full time elf
The LOR boards give different lights depending on whether it is receiving a LOR signal or DMX signal from memory.

To configure LOR, you need to go to the network configuration (separate program from the sequencer or the hardware utility) and map the DMX universes to E1.31. I use the 'advanced' screen and you simply type in the corresponding IP address to the selected DMX universe if you are using unicast (which is what I do) or presumably select a multicast check box or similar for using multicast.

I'm away from my computer with LOR at the moment but that is roughly how to do it from memory.

Then in the sequencer you just setup the controllers as DMX controllers and as long as the LOR control panel is open (the light globe should show in the system tray near the computer's clock) and the command prompt like window is open the signal will be pushed through as E1.31 out the computers network connection.

gnatman

New elf
well, I have it connected that way. I was trying to test the lights to see if it was correct. I plugged a light in and got nothing. I even made an animation seq. and still no lights. yes control light or whatever to "enable" them was checked. I could see the controller talking to the pixlite 4 or whatever because as you stated about the listener. I never saw it say "accepted" from what I've read somewhere.

sfleck

New elf
gnatman,

maybe you can get us a screen shot of the network config, the pixlite4 config and a pic of your wiring setup. maybe even make a video?

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
Hey, did you get your issue resolved ?, if not let me know, will be around to try to help in chat.

I may be log off to set up our tree.... (ha wait until the 24th to do it :p ) but will be back on shortly after.

I will also PM you my number

-blu

gnatman

New elf
I'm getting it figured out. I changed 3 props in the downloaded sequence. It will be a slow process for me. I'm already wanting another controller. Looking for more than the 4 or 16 output though.

I'm not sure how many pixels it will take to do my roof line

ecbailey

Full time elf
If you're talking about an E1.31 to DMX bridge then most of them are 5v or 12-Xv selectable (for example the J1sys ECG-D2).

A 16 output pixel controller (eg PixLite16) should be more than adequate for even rather large roof outlines, unless you're using very dense pixel strip? A J1sys P12x (not sure which one exactly) may be more appropriate however, given they have the sender part of the pixel extender built in to allow longer distances between pixels and controller