Plan to run FPP-->E682-->LOR CMB16

stkay

New elf
My plan this year was to change up and use FPP to run my show, i have added 12v led strips to the house from RAY wu, ge color effects along the eve from last year and 2 lor cmb16 controllers for the yard also from last year. My problem is I cannot get the E682 to talk to the cmb16 using a crossover cable plugged into port 4-1 and sequencing from S4 advanced. I can however turn on the led strips and cmb16 lights using the E682 test patterns. I created a test sequence using LOR S4 advanced with DMX outputs Universe 1 for led strips, Universe 2 for expansion, Universe 3 for ge coloreffects(untested and turned off in E682) and universe 50 for lor controllers. I watched the video by John Storms on youtube
View: https://youtu.be/e2JXQIOMhfY
and this is essentially what I am trying to accomplish. I am completely lost on what I am missing, there is no doubt that this does work....just how! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also if I'm starting from scratch with sequences it may be time to walk away from LOR?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Some screenshots would help. You've configured as universe 1,2 etc but do you have the network setup for them pointing to E1.31 and either multicast or unicast and to the IP of the E682.

stkay

New elf
Yes, i have tried unic and multi, i am pointed to the 682 ip address. There is probable something real simple i keep missing. I will post screen shots of the setup asap

stkay

New elf
don't mind the background sequence, was simply trying different approaches

Attachments

• screenshot1.png
    screenshot1.png
    55 KB · Views: 5
  • screenshot2.png
    screenshot2.png
    82.6 KB · Views: 6
  • screenshot3.png
    screenshot3.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 5

stkay

New elf
So after some resetting and christmas cheer, I changed the 682 to unicast, listener port to 5568, upped the channel count in 682 to 512 on 1-1 and 1-2. Double checked the addressing for dmx networking, shut all down, reboot and away we go. Fired up sequence editor, play test sequence, nothing works, open up command, communication ok, Check network settings again and shut off LOR com 1 listener, shut down....windows update:rolleyes: BOOM!! we have lights, LED strips 1-1 and 1-2 cycling with sequence, LOR cm16 channels on and off. I'm gonna rest my brain before tackling the raspberry FPP.