Please help... About to go crazy.....

darylc

404 darylc not found
Sure seem to be a LOT of people struggling to make their HE123's work this year :-( Hope you get it sorted easily.

Pato

New elf
Thanks eveyone for your help. Its very much appreciated.
Looks like its a data signal loss, which baffles me a little as the props that are further from the controller are the ones working better.
Thank you again eveyone.

JacksonHo

New elf
Time to power inject or get a bunch of f amps.
Alan may know but maybe there is a drop off in data output as you go down the ports or maybe it is things like thickness of cable etc

Pato

New elf
Time to power inject or get a bunch of f amps.
Alan may know but maybe there is a drop off in data output as you go down the ports or maybe it is things like thickness of cable etc
Yep, f-amps it is. I have already power injected my props at every 150 pixels so hopefully will just need the f-amps.
Heading away for a week tomorrow so at least it will give them a chance to arrive.
Thanks again for your help.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The data "should" comfortably go 20+ metres with no issue at all. The choice of cable can reduce that but I have personally gone 25m in a couple of places in my own display. To me it sounds a bit like it is actually a voltage drop/loss issue on the 0V connection. Having a break in the 0v connection will produce the described results. If there is a break in the 0V connection and there is power injection then the data gets corrupted.

mikeal5150

New elf
HI,
Hopefully this is the right place to post asking for help.
Its my first year with a full pixel display.
I have tried to research this through various forums over the past few weeks trying anything that will help.
The issue I have is that only half of my props are lighting up correctly. The other half are flashing between red green blue, even when I run a test from FPP and Xlights.
I am running a a 5v system using a Hanson electronics HE123 MK2 and BBG. I am only running the one controller with 16 outputs.
I have tried altering between the different colour orders but have not had any luck getting the colour to stay steady on the props.
My universe and channels do not overlap from what I can see.
I have the latest version of FPP with an activated license attached to the EEPROM and Xlights 2023.20 3.3.0.
Does anyone have any ideas on where to go?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
power injection problem???