3.x Please Help Me Vixen 3.

Sam

I have got C.L.A.P
Cannot/I have no idea how to sync a controller to vixen 3. From chat I have learnt that this is the reason it is not working. Assistance required.

Attachments

• show.jpg
    show.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 43

JPB

Full time elf
Not exactly sure what you mean but.
For your led strings you need to have some sort of controller that will convert e31 or DMX to single channel outputs. Probably DMX seeing that is the output you are using. The 27 channel board from Ray Wu is one such animal.
Are your RGB strips dumb strip or pixel?
If they are dumb RGB then you treat them like 3 channels or 3 led strings ( red green and blue)
If they are pixel then you need a device to convert DMX to pixel format, of the correct protocol ( 2801 2811 etc).
The simple answer is select the lights on the left, the controller on the right and then click the Patch Elements button but you need to give a bit more info about your lights and controllers.
Jon

damo1271

Full time elf
I have successfully set up J1sys P12 and P2 controllers in vixen3 and can help with the setup if you are using those controllers.

adski

Dave Brown
Sam's problem is getting Vixen 3 to recognise his USB Open DMX dongle. I haven't got one handy to experiment with, so if anyone has successfully used an Open DMX dongle with V3, please tell us how.

Dave

adski

Dave Brown
The suggestion that I've received from one of the dev team members is to instal this driver:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM20828_Setup.exe

It should then "just work" without any need for setup - famous last words!
I gather though that you can only use one dongle, so only one DMX universe. Once your channel count gets above the single universe limit, you'll need to use an E1.31 to DMX bridge - there are several choices - some pixel controllers can be configured for DMX outputs.

Hope that helps
Dave

Sam

I have got C.L.A.P
Alright Guys

First thankyou for the prompt and fabulous responses.

Second, ITS WORKING! Turns out everything needed a full reset (And re-installation) and the computer is also a little old and dodgey and may have contributed. Biggest lesson learned was that ESTA jumper terminals were needed ;)

Big thanks Adski and AAH for their 2 hours of toleration with my annoyance.

p.s. Initially I didn't realize how smart Vixen was and how it does it all automagically