Please help - xLights user survey for uni assignment

christmasdave

Full time elf
Hi everyone,

I am currently completing a course on User-centred Design through RMIT Melbourne in Australia. As part of this course, and for my first assignment, I have chosen to assess xLights’ usability. I am concentrating more on the creation of a sequence and user demographics in my analysis, but also obtaining some general information about xLights.

I would be grateful for anyone that could spare some of their time to complete a survey I created. The survey is mostly multiple choice with some open questions and shouldn’t take any longer than 5-10 minutes to complete (unless you want to provide extra details of course). It is completely anonymous with no personally identifiable information gathered.

The survey can be accessed until 1st July at: https://forms.gle/7ApsstQYoFuKBFhA9 (no logon or account required). Please let me know if you experience any issues

Also, feel free to share the link with other xLights users.

I know time can be precious, so thank you to anyone who can do this! :)

Dave

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Done.
A bit disappointed a few of the responses only allowed a maximum of 5 :D

christmasdave

Full time elf
Done.
A bit disappointed a few of the responses only allowed a maximum of 5 :D
haha! :) We were warned about having a scale too large as you start to lose relevance as people begin to interpret the difference from 1-10 or 1-20 etc very differently. I've tried to follow similar to a System Usability Scale, but could not fit all the questions within the confines of the assignment conditions.

Reactions: AAH