Possible Boscoyo Studio Bulk Buy from the US

James70818

New elf
Hello everyone! Many of you know me while others may not. I own Boscoyo Studio here in the United States and I manufacture lots of products that help make decorating with pixels, dumb nodes, and regular LED's easier! One of our best sellers are the MegaTree Mounting strips that started it all but we have since expanded to various 10mm Coro and ABS products.

As many of you know it is very expensive to ship to Australia. It is even worse when the item is large! We have recognized the issue and are trying to help! Our Australian client base is huge and we appreciate the business and want to help that grow even more. So what we are looking to do is host a Bulk Buy to get the shipping cost down. Here is how we are planning to do it. During the Bulk Buy time frame you will purchase your products on our web site. We will box each order up and consolidate them to one or more large crates that will be air freighted to Australia. From there our shipping agent will open crate(s) and then apply AUS Post shipping label on each individual package then clear that package through AUS Customs. Since the individual packages are typically under $1,000, there will not be any additional Duties or Taxes. You will be responsible for only the cost of the AUS Post and not the international freight cost.

I know, we are nuts! How can we do this? Once we finalize the shipping and handling cost from our shipping agent, we will establish a minimum that the Bulk Buy must sell in order for us to pay the air freight to get the Bulk Buy to Australia. Based on preliminary numbers this will be around the $8000 to $10,000 mark and I don't think it that hard to do. Our cost haven't been finalized so this is subject to change.

I'm posting this because I want you guys to have a heads up and to be thinking about it. If this works we will do it on an annual basis. We expect delivery to happen in April/May. with the bulk buy purchase window running for 2 months. We will be adding a lot of new products to site soon. We will continue to sell to you on an individual basis as we do now but the Bulk Buy will allow you to purchase our larger items with out paying an outrageous amount for shipping.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Boscoyo Studio
James Hohensee

www.BoscoyoStudio.com

would definitely be interested. appreciate the effort James.

I will see what you have coming out before i make my list... which is getting bigger by the day :D

DavidJ247

Full time elf
Count me in, thanks James. I was planning to order strips anyway but this might be a good chance to check out some of your other stuff. Following.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Thanks James, put me down as interested as I'm looking to build a megatree next year!
Can I ask why airfrieght? It seems so much more expensive and in April/May, waiting an extra 4-6 weeks (product manufactured in China?) is not so bad...

Cheers, Graham

scamper

Dedicated elf
I will be keeping an eye on this also, I looked at your site early in December and was surprised at how low your prices were!
I was going to buy some pixel straps anyway and give them a go, so this may just increase my order somewhat. 8)

darylc

404 darylc not found
djgra79 said:
(product manufactured in China?)

James makes all the products at his workshop in Louisiana, USA.

Thanks for the post James - I am also interested.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Great James, heard the rumour on Facebook, glad you've confirmed.
I've already got a shopping list of items I'm keen to get, but bound to add more if this deal goes ahead.
Will be interested to see what new products you are planning.

James70818

New elf
bjpc2716 said:

I have been in contact with them several times. Because I want to consolidate the order the value would be over $1000 AUS as a whole. This is why I am using my own broker who will handle the package and clear each one so that the value is less than $1000 AUS on an individual level unless you order more than $1000. If that is the case place two orders, one for you and another for your neighbor! :)

James70818

New elf
djgra79 said:
Thanks James, put me down as interested as I'm looking to build a megatree next year!
Can I ask why airfrieght? It seems so much more expensive and in April/May, waiting an extra 4-6 weeks (product manufactured in China?) is not so bad...

Cheers, Graham

The cost of the freight isn't that bad. Is it worth taking 6-8 weeks to arrive? Not in my opinion and you can have it in a week or so. The shipper we use is consolidating air freight so it is a regular trip for them. This won't go on a passenger plane.

I design and make all of our products her in our facility in Louisiana, USA. We can control the quality of everything and can even make custom stuff for you. Such as Binny's Koala Bear! I'm in the Zoom meeting on Wednesday nights most of the time but I might start trying to get on the Friday one you guys have.

James