Possible TP3244 Mounting and Cable Solution

dmoore

Senior elf
I needed to get output from a single TP3244 to four seperate pixel strips with 42 pixels each. I found some perfect containers at wal-mart called Rubbermaid "Take Alongs" (UPC 0-71691-39453-2) - they allow enough space for the TP3244 and the wires and since they are clear, you can see the status lights (I just hot glued the corners into the container). They also have water tight screw-on lids. I also discovered the hotglue I used to seal up the cord entries also sticks pretty well to the PP plastic they are made from.

Then I just used CAT5 out from the TP3244 to the different strips which have CAT5 female plugs with the pig tails punched down onto them. The whole thing is plug-in-play in-case something goes bad and needs to be pulled out and replaced. No problems with the 10ft from the TP3244 to the first 6803 pixels. The waterproof 12v power supply is zip-tied and hot glued to the back of the coro element. Not shown is how I hot-glued up the female plug on the pixel strip to weather proof it.

Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

• IMG_0401.png
    IMG_0401.png
    274.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0402.png
    IMG_0402.png
    558.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0403.JPG
    IMG_0403.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0404.png
    IMG_0404.png
    424.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0405.png
    IMG_0405.png
    167.7 KB · Views: 40

dowdybrown

New elf
I'm using Hammond model 1554CGY enclosures purchased from Mouser. This is a sealed, nema-rated enclosure. The board fits nicely into the box, but the stand-offs are not in the right place. So I will use double sided tape to mount the board to the bottom of the box (and maybe a little hot glue :) ).

Matt

dmoore

Senior elf
dowdybrown said:
I'm using Hammond model 1554CGY enclosures purchased from Mouser. This is a sealed, nema-rated enclosure.

I am completely with you - it pains me to put controllers into some $1.50 soup container since this isn't really the way I like to do things. I wish I could have done it right like the route you went. Went to factorymation and the cheapest one I could find was $14....ewww... :( I suspect it's all down hill from here...next thing you know I'll be using telephone cable from the $1 store to wire it up! :D

I did select the red container over the blue one hoping it would be a little more "holiday". :)