Power Injection Question (Call Me Daft)

dale82

Senior elf
Ok here is a power injection question.......... I have brought 4 core 14/020 security cable I intend on injecting every 2 strips (WS2811's) call me daft or whatever but im using 3 core plugs (1 data 1 12v 1ground) im using rays "T" 3 core plugs so I can inject between strips 2 & 3, Now on the power injection, Will I solder all for wires from the security cable to I wire from the pigtail that I will be using for power injection? I am using a P12 and this for the power supply (350W Dual Output Switching Power Supply;88 ~ 264VAC input;12V/350W output, CE and ROHS approved) Please help me! Im no electrician! :eek: Am I doing this correctly? Or is there something that I have missed etc? Your help/comments are appreciated.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Now Daft if you are using 4 core cable with 3 core plugs then i would double up the +V and the ground as this will effectivly reduce the voltage drop as you are lowering the resistance of the cable run

If using 12vdc strip then its fine to inject between strip 2 and 3 but this is another reason we double up the cores as now you double your current carrying capacity because effectively your injection will be supplying 2 strips, strip 3 and strip 2 which will be back fed.

dale82

Senior elf
Thanks Eddy! I thought that I was on the right track but I wasn't 100% sure. Now things are as clear as today's sky! :) which might I add that today is such a lovely day!

G

GoofyGuy

Good evening Daft I am Bill. I wanted to add +1 for Eddy, power injection just double the + and - cores. Make sure to test all of them as not always are Rays wires following the same color code. What might be blue and pin 1 on some might be blue and pin 2 on others. This always scares me when mixing and matching those connectors.

As a side note for my power injection I used SPT1 instead. Made it visibly easer to figure out the injection cords over the data cords.