Power Injection question

jediknight2

Full time elf
Last year I was able to power my pixels from one single power supply per run without the need for a satellite power supply. This year that might change and I might need to put a power supply up on the roof. Because of that change I have a question on the proper way to inject power from a separate power supply. When thinking of that I also remembered my flood lights and how I zapped my Entec OpenDMX device one night...and the way I ran power may have been part of the issue. I have attach a drawing of how I did my flood lights. If I am thinking correctly...I SHOULD have cut and separated the positive voltage from my second power supply where I have drawn the green line on the flood light figure.

I have also drawn how I think I should insert my power injection for my pixels from a remote power supply....do I have it right?

Also, when I ran my floods, my controller was run from a separate power supply....was that OK in the flood scenario?

In addition, for my pixels, my controller will run off of power supply 1

Porsche

Full time elf
your 2nd pic is exactly how I've done it, and works well.
all my power supply injection is from separate PSU's..

you can get "T" connectors for Ray Wu that work well to inject power.

Make sure you use inline fuses when injecting power. I learnt the hard way today...