Power Injection

Snowy

Phil
Hi All
can i have some input to see if i have my head around this , i have 4 psu's two for each side of the F16 (350w 70 amp) i want to power inject using these .
so from my understanding talking to some , i need to link all the Psu's together with an earth ??? . and then i need to run power and earth separate with the power fused ?.
then i need to NOT have the power coming from the Falcon is this right ?? Here is a pic of what i mean Thanks IMG20201030171445.jpg

TANSA

Sparky with Blinky Lights ;-)
Generous elf
The earth is a common term for the negative.
Not the earth From the main side.

burto51

Full time elf
Yes you are on the right track, you donot need to power your models from the Falcon, just provide a data and an earth line to each model. One advantage is that if anything goes wrong the falcon is protected.
From my Falcon I only send data and provide a ground to each model eg 4 arches 114 pixels each.
As an example, for my first 4 arches
Falcon provides data and earth from say port 1 to start of arch 1
At the start of arch 1 I have a tee piece, one data &earth in from Falcon, 1 connected to the arch data/earth/power cable and voltage being supplied in the tee.
The voltage is supplied from a PSU with a fused output; that cable continues to arch 2's tee piece, to connect arch 1 and 2 together and provide a point for power injection..
The cable continues on to arch 3 and 4 and the process repeated.

I also use the same process for Arches 5 -8, using port 2 for these arches; however I use the same power supply, 12v350W, which has therefore 2 power cables.

You can repeat this on a number of models providing you stay within 80% capacity of the PSU. May very with different brands.

Garage
3 data cables one for outline port 5
one for icicles port 6
one for lge star port 7

I PSU with 2 power cables 1 to garage outline and 1 to icicles and star. It is a good idea to check the current draw of your models to select the correct fuse.
Remember the PSU cable only provides a voltage source for the model, and has no impact on data transmission.

NO power comes from the Falcon to operate the models, Falcon only supplies data and an earth.

Burto