Power supply & controller enclosure - where to get them.

mborg10

Michael Borg
I have seen lots of pics of everyone's "organised" set ups in particular Outdoor enclosures. BUT where do you get them from. I have found some online but don't seem to be the best option. As my system grows I want to be able to keep track of them and install them quickly each year, as well as be safe fom the weather.

The LOR enclosure looks pretty good but are only big enough to fit a 350w power supply.

I'd like to be able to find something which can hold a power supply and controller (LOR DC/ j1sys p12r) with holes for grommets to pass some pigtails thru.

Last year I used a storage box with a hole drilled thru the bottom for the cables and sat it up on some pavers. I'd like to look a little more professional this year.

Any links/connections or help would be much appreciated.

Robert

Apprentice elf
Here is a link to DIYLedexpress. He has a good selection

http://www.diyledexpress.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=16&zenid=05ca7e248d52f8844ba363fc237145ca

Habbosrus

Back again
G'day, I remember someone posting about these a few months ago. I haven't used them myself but intend to have a good look at them when I next travel to Masters (55km from my place). And they're only $10!
[font=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.masters.com.au/product/900030640/weatherproof-box-for-outdoor-power-connections[/font]
[font=.HelveticaNeueUI][/size]Cheers[/font]

burner

Full time elf
I used 1 of these last year with 2 grommets and 2 * 25mm elbows facing downwards. They work well and are almost sound proof.

Habbosrus

Back again
burner said:
I used 1 of these last year with 2 grommets and 2 * 25mm elbows facing downwards. They work well and are almost sound proof.
G'day Burner, Do you have any pic's to show them in action? What sort of dimensions are they? They don't give to much away in the way of details on the Masters website. Can they fit a power supply and controller?

dannyp

Full time elf
I have seen some pictures somewhere of some setup which have been modified to allow for venting of heat. It gets quite hot in Australia. Is there a heat issue with putting a P12r and a power supply in one of these boxes ?

mborg10

Michael Borg
just found this pic of the ope-92000
finished-controller.jpg

burner

Full time elf
Here you go, I dug this out this morning to take a pic.
Personally, I would seperate both the PSU and the Controller, just in case something happens. Wouldn't want to keep all my eggs in the same basket.
enclosure1.jpg

enclosure2.jpg

burner

Full time elf
I think I got them from Bunnings. I also had to punch out the hole for the grommet and open it a little more to fit it. Note that they are turned downwards, but on an angle. If you point them up, obviously you will let rain in. If they are straight down, they will be flush with the ground. Last year I used this upstairs next to the kids bedrooms. I had the Ray Wu 5v PSU running in it, which has a constant fan running (supposed to be thermostatically started). It was barely audible when the unit was shut and running, and too noisy to sleep when it was out of the box.