Power supply for Bunnings lights

grahami2006

Full time elf
I have some Bunnings lights that I want to control from dc. They are rated at 31 volts. What size power supply will I need?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
grahami2006 said:
I have some Bunnings lights that I want to control from dc. They are rated at 31 volts. What size power supply will I need?

That will depend if they are AC or DC lights. So when its says 31 volts is that using DC or AC volts

grahami2006

Full time elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
grahami2006 said:

That will depend if they are AC or DC lights. So when its says 31 volts is that using DC or AC volts
Eddy on the power supply/flasher unit it says PRI 100-240 volts.
SEC 1 Output 31V
SEC 2 Output 31V

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
grahami2006 said:
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
grahami2006 said:

Eddy on the power supply/flasher unit it says PRI 100-240 volts.
SEC 1 Output 31V
SEC 2 Output 31V
You may need a picture as it doesnt state if its AC or DC output which make the difference.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Still doesnt confirm if its AC or DC but my hunch is its DC. Do you have a volt meter so you can confirm if its DC or AC output. If its DC then this means the strings are 31 volts so that means a 32 volt DC power supply adjusted down a little.
But still would like to 100% confirm if its AC or DC