Power to the ECG-P12R

dannyp

Full time elf
I am a bit confused how to connect power to the P12R. I have the instruction manual and on page 9 there are various options on connecting power. Before I fry anything I thought I would just check with you good folks.

I have a 12V power supply which I want to run the outputs on both sides of the board. So, do I just connect power to the K1 terminal with the GND to the right hand side (where is says GND) and the positive to the left hand connection? The part that confuses me is that none of the pictures seem to emulate how I think they should be connected.

harrison0550

Full time elf
If you are supplying 12v power to P13 onto the back of the board for 12v pixels then you would choose option #3 on the Using Pixels with the J1SYS ECG-P12R' pixel controller Guide that fasteddy made.

That is the 7-36vdc shared supply method.
http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,2232.0.html

Option #4 will power the board as well but if your already putting 12vdc into the top of the board you might as well just share that power down to the bottom of the board by setting the K1 power connector with 2 jumper wires like the picture in option #3.

Hope that helps.

dannyp

Full time elf
So I would have to run 2 lots of cable from the power supply? One to be connected to P13 and the other to P00? And the do the jumpers as per option 3?