Pre-made longer runs of 2811 strip

cdjazman

Full time elf
Wondering if anyone orders 2811 strip (or similar) in lengths longer than 5 metres?

I have a few elements that require between 6-9 metres. Wondering if just easier to order lengths I need...?

I have used Ray Wu to do certain lengths of 4.3 metres and attach the pigtails for me which was awesome when they arrived to just plug and play.

Save time and soldering stuff ups.....

Roosta

Full time elf
I make my own, very easy, silicon and clear heatshrink.. Held up well over summer, including heavy rain and hot days..

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Roosta said:
I make my own, very easy, silicon and clear heatshrink.. Held up well over summer, including heavy rain and hot days..
Got a link for clear heat shrink mate?

Boof63

Senior elf
here is where I get my heatshrink from postage from WA to SA is $20.oo flat
so order in large amounts to cover.
Notwithstanding , ordering from Ray at excately the length you need + pigtails
saves a lot of time and some frustration!!
CHeers Boof63

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Yes I usually get pre-made lengths but some vendors stuff them up.... and there will always need to be repairs too.

i13

Dedicated elf
On one occasion I asked Ray for 6 metres of 12V WS2811 strip and he sent me a separate 5m and 1m length. On another occasion I asked for 7 metres and he sent me a single 7m length. He sends lengths like these; it's such a small detail in the scheme of a large order.

I agree that it isn't too hard to join strip. I solder it, put some silicone in the sheath and on the outside and then use heatshrink over the silicone. I've only ever done it with black heatshrink and you 100% can't see it unless you accidentally overlap an LED.