Preparing my neighbours for the onslaught

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
My display has attracted more and more traffic each year and has now become a full blown job to manage. So realizing that my neighbours have to put up with a bit Ive decided this year to put out a letter to show that i do consider the impact that has been put apon them. This will go a long way in ensuring that the neighbours are kept happy.
It may be worth doing this if you feel that you will be impacting your neighbours. in the end you will be impacting on them either way, but you can at least try to reduce any negativety or concerns that may arise from your neighbours being impacted, Im sure they will appreciate you being approachable and showing that you do have their concerns on the radar.​
[attachimg=1]​

Attachments

• letter.JPG
    letter.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 223

z_special

Full time elf
I think I might pop in for a cold one...is that ok ED? My problem will be getting used to driving on the wrong side and the flight .lol

kane

Dedicated elf
Looks Good Ed

Although if I was going to put my picky bugger hat on, "residence" should be "residents" :)

I've realised one good thing about not having daylight savings over here in WA - we can start the show an hour earlier!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Kane said:
Looks Good Ed

Although if I was going to put my picky bugger hat on, "residence" should be "residents" :)

I've realised one good thing about not having daylight savings over here in WA - we can start the show an hour earlier!

Damn spell checker didnt pick that one up, ill fix it up before sending it out. thanks for pointing that out.

Anyone else is welcome to pick at it before I send it out to ensure my bad grammer is corrected.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
z_special said:
I think I might pop in for a cold one...is that ok ED? My problem will be getting used to driving on the wrong side and the flight .lol

That would be one expensive coldie after all the travelling to get here. But it would be worth it just to be able to enjoy an Aussie summer Christmas.

kane

Dedicated elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
Damn spell checker didnt pick that one up, ill fix it up before sending it out. thanks for pointing that out.

Anyone else is welcome to pick at it before I send it out to ensure my bad grammer is corrected.
Oh okay, here's another couple - I am a picky bugger aren't I?

Para 1 - "the joy the display has brought too many" - should be "to" instead of "too"
Para 3 - "apologize" is american spelling - should be "apologise"

penguineer

Full time elf
It's my first year with a musical/animated display so I've tested my speakers to see how much they "may" annoy the neighbours(they won't hear the music on full bore), but have spoken to the people directly in the line of fire anyway and they're cool with it.

Given that it's only a small increment on last years display and first time "going fancy", I'm thinking of leaving it at that.

But if it gets attention......I'll direct the traffic to Bevos place :D

Cheers

kane

Dedicated elf
penguineer said:
It's my first year with a musical/animated display so I've tested my speakers to see how much they "may" annoy the neighbours(they won't hear the music on full bore), but have spoken to the people directly in the line of fire anyway and they're cool with it.
I found last year it wasn't the speakers that were the problem - it was more the people cranking up their stereos (especially later in the night)..

Only happened a few times, and wasn't for too long, but you always want to keep the neighbours on your side if you can help it!!