Probably another dumb question but im not afraid to ask!!

NeilKellie

Be gentle we're only little!!!
Ok so just playing around with my new LSP and I've watched Eddys vid on setup with E1.31 but.... when I make my mega tree as an element would I -
make it as one element (ie 1 E1.31 controller) if I have 2860 nodes (8580 channels) and then configure my E1.31 network with the wizard with 24 universes starting each universe at the respected channel for the start of each string then just program each P12R controller to start at universe 1 (to 12) and then 13 (to 24)??
Or do I make it two elements (ie 2 E1.31 controllers) each with 1430 nodes and program each P12R to universe 1 to 12 with each its own IP address?
I think I am getting myself confused as I have not yet got my controllers so I don't have the J1sys program yet to tie everything together
I think i'm in the deep end sinking a bit!! lol

Neil

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
No dumb questions here. The choice is yours, single network or 2 networks. The way that will be easiest is to just create the one network and the first P12R is 1 to 12 and the second P12R is 13 to 24, you can still have this as one whole controller/element in LSP because remember its best to setup as elements rather than controllers in LSP

NeilKellie

Thanks Eddy yea that is what I was thinking!! I watched your how to vid several times but was still just a little unsure as I know the system I am building is a little larger than most guys take on straight up. lol
Ok so I will be doing 1 network with 4 x P12R's and a EGC-D4 so in total I will have 52 universes ( available) with each item adressed as required in the J1sys loader program (does this sound right)

Also I more quick question when doing a small 3ch Ray Wu DMX unit (or 27ch) do I create that as a E1.31 controller in LSP and just reduce the channel allocations as normal or do I create them as a DMX controller? as they are running off the EGC-D4.

Ok another question is there a way to save your platform/layout including the visualiser when you want to do another song or do you have to start over for each song?? I have watched heaps of the vids but none cover this (that I have seen). (more than happy if someone can just show me where to look I have been learning heaps over the last few weeks!!)

Cheers guys
Neil

NeilKellie

Ok so I just found the info for my first /second question (lol) I have to program all LSP items as a E1.31 controller as they are all going out on a E1.31 network and I just change the config in the ECG-D4 to hook up the 3 & 27ch controllers in a DMX universe.
See I am learnin lots hic lol
Neil

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
NeilKellie said:
Ok another question is there a way to save your platform/layout including the visualiser when you want to do another song or do you have to start over for each song?? I have watched heaps of the vids but none cover this (that I have seen). (more than happy if someone can just show me where to look I have been learning heaps over the last few weeks!!)

Cheers guys
Neil
You can use a previous sequences setup, when you set up a new sequence you can check the box for 'Load Deafult Controllers' in the sequence setup and select the sequence you have previously created and this will import all channels/controllers, drawings and layers into your new sequence ready for you to create a new sequence.

NeilKellie

Thanks heaps Eddy my hair might stay its normal colour for a bit longer now.. lol

Neil