Problem Rendering?

Shaggy

New elf
Hello, I was hoping to get some assistance with rendering extra pixels into a sequence iv purchased. Long story short, we been using a 16 strand, 50 pixel rgb megatree and decided to upgrade to a 100pixel node run tree.

The problem iv run into is, upon updating my pixels from 50 to 100 in the models menu then rendering - outputs 2 duplicate sequences on the tree instead of improving the definition. I tried changing the "Strand/String" setting to 2 and got the sequence to play fully on the tree - but, a lot of the faces and graphic parts of the sequence were corrupt looking.

I'm at a lost as to resolve my issue and it could result in a costly mistake to upgrade my tree in the first place. I remember this being covered at the Christmas Expo in Daytona earlier this year but, have unfortunately misplaced my notes. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you in advance - ~Matt~

Version: 2019.64 , 64bit
Spoiler content hidden. Log in to see this content.
Spoiler content hidden. Log in to see this content.

Attachments

• sequence_log.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
All you should need to do is in Layout change Nodes/String from 50 to 100
in Setup make sure you have increased the number of channels / universes to accommodate the extra 800 pixels
re-render and save the sequence

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
there you go "Setup: 1-16 (universe) 150 channels each. " this should now be 300 channels each

Shaggy

New elf
UPDATE:
I was able to fix the dupe issue by falling back on V64, the issue I have now is the sequence only displaying on half the tree instead of all 100pixels. Rendering did nothing, tried to export the effects via .avi then use the video effect on the model timeline as a whole - still yielding same results.

Shaggy

New elf