Problem with Show Startup in LOR 3.8

bob_moody

Apprentice elf
I have the following devices running off my laptop (Dell Inspiron 1300 - Windows XP).
USB to Serial - LOR Dongle
USB to Serial - CM11A Controller
Onboard Ethernet NIC - E1.31 J1Sys D2
Onboard Wireless NIC - Connected to Internet

At 6:00PM the show starts. It gets to the "INITIALIZE X10" and locks up. The LOR Status windows goes to "Not Responding" and thats where it sits.
If I reboot the laptop, everything starts up and my X10-Startup sequence runs which sends 30 seconds of X10 ON commands out on channel C1 and using a Windows Command, FTP's a set of commands to update the show status on my website. Then the misical sequence part of the show starts and everything runs fine for the night.

I need to add that once the LOR Status page locks up, I cannot shut down with the Start button or using the Shutdown -r -t 0 command. I have to hold power and force it off then restart.

It did excactly the same thing last night and at the end of the show, it did run the X10-Shutdown sequence which does the opposite of Startup BUT .. it didnt fire off the Windows command to update the web page that show was off.

I did open and reload the windows command which recreated the cmdmap.lcm file. I verified the command keys matched those in the sequences ...

So two problems really ..

1. Locking up while initializing X10
2. Not executing the X10-Shutdown Windows command

Only thing "new" this year in the set up is the DMX bridge and LOR V3.8. I ran LOR V2.94 last year and it never missed a beat....

Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to track this down? I have everything basically running unattended so we dont have to be here at 6:00 to start it all up..

Thanks to all,

Bob

bob_moody

Apprentice elf
UPDATE:

Today, I left the laptop alone. I didnt start the seq editor or make any changes or adjustments.
At 6:00PM I watched as the show started without any issues.

It appears the X10 connection was already initalized and didnt have to startup. I watched the X10-Startup sequence fire off, the FTP updated the web page and the show began ...

I still believe there is an issue so I'm still looking for assitance...

Thanks for looking ..

Bob