Problem with the ECG-P2

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Ive semi setup my show now, an every time the P2 is powered up my TV reception die's (digital TV, analog TV got shut off)
now there is about 1.5meters distance between the P2 an the Antenna cable.
Im i the only one that has noticed this issue?
does anyone have any idea's i could try to reduce this problem?
Thanks in Advance,
Alec.

BrianJ

Full time elf
Alec, I have noticed the same sort of thing here with my p12R. I kinda figured it was Ray's power supply making noise and not the p12 but I am not sure. One odd thing though is on Halloween I had a show set up and the tv reception was fine except for at the end of the sequence when their were no lights on, it would interfere with the OTA signals. As soon as the sequence started again and the lights were blinking the reception goes back to normal.

SmartAlecLights

Never thought of rays power supply, but then i did a reboot of the P2 while i was inside an during the reboot cycle the TV came perfect, then went bad..
i guess more testing is needed to know more..
i honestly thought the case of the P2 would isolate the interference,
ohh well back to the drawing board to isolate this issue

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Are you guys able to load up your power supplies without the controllers hooked up to see if it is the power supply.

Last year I had some very weired things where the car alarm/door lock woulnt work on the car if it was parked in one particular spot on the drive way.

mick8248

Full time elf
I have had similar problems, but have found that it seems to be transmission from the pixel strips, rather than other equipment, my garage doors won't opperate when when I have 2801 strips running, but not effected by 2811 strips, I have also tested with other tx/rx and found that ones opperating on 433mhz gets effected the most.

SmartAlecLights

hows this i just power it all up, no data an TV went fuzzy.
so i unplugged my pixel data cable (cat5 cable) an i had perfect picture..
im using the blue wire for the data, an orange an orange/white for the gnd for that lead..
im i using the wrong wire's in the cat5 cable?