Product availabilty and a price rise :(

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The 2811DC15 and 2811DC30 boards are still a few weeks off due to mucking around with the supplier of my loaded boards. I'm in talks with him to see what I can do to get the final price down as the Australian dollar has dropped 20% from when I got the last lot loaded. This means that there will be a price rise but I won't know by how much until the boards are ready for shipping. I'm hoping to keep it to less than $5 but that is probably wishful thinking.

I still have plenty of stock of the Mega60 board and the USB dongles.

When the next shipment of boards turns up it will include 2801DC15 and 2801DC30 boards. I have 5 prototypes of each here that I will flog off at a discounted as there was 3 minor mistakes on the board. As far as functionality goes they do the same sort of thing as the 2811 boards but suit the 2801 chipset. The boards will be a couple of dollars dearer than the 2811 equivalents as there is an extra clock line in and out and that adds some extra stuff to the boards.

When the shipment arrives I will also begin testing on my DMX36 board which is a 36 channel DC board that offers higher current than possibly anything else on the market. It'll be able to run 4 30A fuses which will allow up to 4 different power supplies to be connected. The board is primarily targeted for running of high current RGB strip or dumb elements.

There'll be a few other boards that will hit the market at the same time but they're boring.

Alan

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
Thanks for the update looking forward to them arriving.

Just a quick question, your specs for the 2811DC30 boards say input of 5-35V, what's the reason behind this? Is 36V possible or will it damage the board?

Thanks

AAH

35V is the maximum voltage for the regulator I use. I could swap a reg if you have to use 36V.

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
Awesome, sorry I meant I need the 2811DC15 to be capable of 36V or even 37V would be better. When you get them in I will ask then. The 2811DC30 board I need can be just the standard.

Thanks

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Alan, with the DC boards do they have to be mounted within the 3-5m range from the pixel controller to get enough signal strength, same as when connecting RGB pixels. I assume you can put null pixels in between as well to gain distance.

Any more news when the new stock is arriving.

AAH

The board actually uses pixel chips as part of the design so they have the same limitations that the pixels do. If you use the board as a power injection point then you should have no difficulty getting to the 5m range. The single biggest killer when it comes to distance between pixels is voltage drop so theoretically you could get to the 11m that 2811 specifies if you had power injection at the last pixel before the board and also at the board.

My pcb loader hasn't been able to give me a firm date on when I'll get them but they are pretty certain that I'll have them prior to the Melb mini. There was holdups with a few component changes and they moved factories s well as a Chinese holiday a couple weeks ago,

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
Hi Alan,

I was hoping the boards were going to be here this week as I really need them.

Can I arrange to pay you now and have you send me 2 x 2811DC30 and 1 x 2811DC15 boards as soon as they arrive. Also as discussed previously could you please arrange to have the regulator changed in the DC15 board only so I could use up to 37V or even 38V.

This way the DC15 could be modified and all boards sent to me as soon as they are in.

If you like just supply me the regulator or part number and I will do the mod.

Cheers

Geoff

AAH

Could do. I have 5 proto 2801DC15 and 5 proto 2801DC30 boards here if you happened to have a 2801 network as well as 2811.

franky_888

Full time elf
Hey Alan. Just thought I'd jump in to confirm my desire for either 2 dc15's or a dc30

I had emailed you around January but I haven't been around here for a little while. I'm still super keen though!

AAH

I got a confirmation of the shipping date for a whole bunch of boards today. Unfortunately it is the 15th of May which means that for the 2nd year in a row my boards will turn up just after the Melbourne mini.

Included in what is turning up are
2811DC15 and 2811DC30
2801DC15 and 2801DC30
DMX36 36 channel dc dmx board.
Hexfuse 6 way fuse board
ESTA-LOR adaptor

AAH

I just got an email with my tracking number. It seems my delivery is in Hong Kong so it's unlikely that it's going to turn up before I leave for Adelaide in the morning. It might be time for me to chase up a different pcb manufacturer as this is 2 years worth of minis in a row where I have been left boardless due to a shipment being days late on when I needed it and weeks after they were originally meant to turn up.

Not happy Jan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2N4EFwXQaM

AAH

All my boards hit customs in Melbourne a few hours ago. There is some chance that the boards might beat me back to Bendigo :)