Programing Plasma Icicles

Baf05

Full time elf
I know a few people have made them selves "plasma icicles" this year. I will have two different versions and I was wondering how people are programing them in LSP.

Are you just calling it a string, of x pixels, and y channels? (similar to an arch)

or

Are you labelling each individual drop? (a much lower number of pixels and channels, but very labour intensive inputting into LSP)

battle79

Full time elf
Personally I'd treat it as a matrix.

e.g. 50 wide and 7 down. If some of the strings aren't that long, then you just only map the pixels that you have physically and the rest get left unmapped. The effects will just run like you have a full matrix only not every pixel in the matrix will get outputted.

Makes scrolling across them with text possible.

Regards,
Rowan

Baf05

Full time elf
Had not considered that. That might work for the ones I made using the strips? So I will try, but I am also making 5 longer ones out of pixel nodes, there lengths are 6,5,3 and 2 so matrix prob won't work there.

I will try the matrix idea and see how it looks.... Not that I have a clue how to do that!

arw01

Full time elf
Re: Programing Plasma Icicles

I would also use some layers too, you can use the skip # pixels so you could pick up just long ones or short ones or odd ones or whatever.

Come join the Facebook group too for LSP, a lot of us there as well.