Projection Config

Xmassean

New elf
Hey Guys,

Looking to add projection into my show this year. Am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for setting this up in xLights? I am using xSchedule on a separate Mac and was hoping to use this instead of a Pi player. Has anyone done this or have any links on how to do this?

Thanks
Sean

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Hi Sean, I have found using pi's on the projectors in slave mode has been pretty flawless once it working. I don't personally use xSchedule. Are yo planning on using the mac to output your lights data and HDMI from the one machine?

Xmassean

New elf
Hi Sean, I have found using pi's on the projectors in slave mode has been pretty flawless once it working. I don't personally use xSchedule. Are yo planning on using the mac to output your lights data and HDMI from the one machine?

I think I'll use a separate mac mini to run video output.

KiwiPhil

Full time elf
I do it a different way to most, I replace my audio file in the sequence with a video mp4 file that I edit to match the mp3 - this then plays out of all of the FPP's hdmi ports that I connect directly to projectors, no extra config needed

Superman

Global moderator
I do it a different way to most, I replace my audio file in the sequence with a video mp4 file that I edit to match the mp3 - this then plays out of all of the FPP's hdmi ports that I connect directly to projectors, no extra config needed
Thats sort of the way I do it. I sequence with the MP4 file don't have to try and match it against a MP3 then

Melinda

New elf
I've been trying to set up a projector with Hdmi to display properly but the default setting in the fpp manual for a virtual matrix makes the image too grainy (other settings I've tried haven't worked too well either, I think I had it at one stage but it was a bit glitchy, and now can't remember what I had it set on lol). Is what you are doing different to using a virtual matrix? If so could you kindly elaborate how in fpp?

Superman

Global moderator
I've been trying to set up a projector with Hdmi to display properly but the default setting in the fpp manual for a virtual matrix makes the image too grainy (other settings I've tried haven't worked too well either, I think I had it at one stage but it was a bit glitchy, and now can't remember what I had it set on lol). Is what you are doing different to using a virtual matrix? If so could you kindly elaborate how in fpp?
Mine wasn’t to a virtual matrix. It was whole house projection.