Prop set up in xlights

dannyWA123

New elf
Hi All, I have made a spiral tree ( starts at the bottom and spirals clockwise around and around and up to the top ) as my first pixel prop and was hoping for some guidance in setting it up in xlights. I went a bit OTT and it is now going to have more than 170 pixels so running it off one port is out ( will end up being about 220 pixels in total ). How do I set it up in xlights so it's still just 'one continuous string" of pixels ( works as if it is just one string of 220 pixels ). I am using one of Al's HE123mk2 boards with a BBG, 5v pixels.

Cranzy

Full time elf
In xLights, add a tree model. then in properties set the spiral wraps to the number of wraps around your spiral tree (for example 6, or -6 depending on direction you want), set the # strings to 1 and the Nodes/String to 220.

dannyWA123

New elf
So i Have done that Cranzy and the model layout now looks like what I have actually made but I am limited to 510 channels ( 170 pixels ) per port, how do I split it into two ports to cover the 220 pixels? Or can I have more than 510 channels per port on a HE123?

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
"Under Falcon Player (FPP) version 4.x and later the maximum pixels per output are 800 per output at 40fps and 1600 at 20fps." quote directly from the store page for the HE123Mk2

That's 2400 channels per port at 40FPS and 4800 channels per port at 20FPS

Can you show us where you are seeing this 170 pixels limit? Perhaps jump into the chat https://auschristmaslighting.com/chat/ to make things a little quicker?

dannyWA123

New elf
Oh boy, I have a lot to learn, Thanks N.E.L. I was looking at the set up for the HE123 which says " In the example I've set 48 universes of 510 channels which gives 170 pixels per output" which I took as "that's the maximum per port" ( palm to face ). Will I need to reset the numbers in FFP on the BBG as well as in xlights I take it?

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
I'm sorry but I don't use Xlights, however you should just require to set your string length to 220 pixels, I believe Xlights does the rest for you i.e channels etc, you will need to upload your config to the controller or manually set it up with the start channel, pixel count etc like in this image here (except don't use RGBCape24, use what is specified in the HE123Mk2 manual):

View: https://i.imgur.com/zs4LmlN.png

Cranzy

Full time elf
Where I said set #strings to 1, change it to 2 so you have 2 connections to the controller . Will post image when I get home.