Pros/Cons Coro color?

layzer1

New elf
Is there any pros/cons to Black or White Coro color? Does the color of the coro make a difference on the light show?

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
As I understand it that having a black or darker colour coro will mean less light is reflected from it and you would see the individual pixels a little more defined. White will tend to reflect and wash the background a little.
But I really dont think 99.5% of viewers will notice or even care in my opinion. I know I dont.

algerdes

Al Gerdes
As djgra79 stated, side by side you can tell that the black shows the pixels themselves better. The white picks up a very slight hallow around each pixel. Separated, I don't see much of a difference. And yes, I'm actually looking at two like props - one white and one black.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
As djgra79 stated, side by side you can tell that the black shows the pixels themselves better. The white picks up a very slight hallow around each pixel. Separated, I don't see much of a difference. And yes, I'm actually looking at two like props - one white and one black.
If you could provide a photo or video for reference for the forum that would be great!

Adsy

Full time elf
I have started using a 10mm polycarbonate in a dark grey and IMO with all thats going on with my display/ sequences colour on the background makes little difference

Wayne1

Apprentice elf
I painted some my props after reading this,
The green pixels on the snowman is on white coro.
Red pixels are on painted coro and so are the hands.

In person you can see a clear difference. I like the sharper lines myself of the painted. However that's only because I am looking I don't think anyone else would notice.

What you do notice is during the day the painted ones look a better then a garden full of white, again not sure anyone apart from me cares about that.

20211231_210025.jpg

TerryK

Retired Elf
So far I've gone colored as well. Do not really like to see a white or black piece of plastic in the yard during daylight hours. The colored do 'halo' similar to white. So far coro color to pixel color seems to not matter.

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
Well, let's talk about colored coro! :) So, there are some who laughed at me in the chat room because I decided to paint my coro props. Not a great paint job but I did not want all stark white props in the yard yard. In my opinion it would also bother the neighbors less during the day if things were not all white . I have a touchy HOA and neighbors who complain a lot.

Painted the spiral trees from white to green.
Painted the Peace stakes from white and black to green.
Painted the mega tree star an Aluminum Silver.
Painted a wreath from white to green.
Spinners are daycor and came as peppermints.
Left snowflakes white because snowflakes are white. :)
Ran out of time and wanted to paint the small stars yellow. Next year. Overall, I think I enjoy the painted look.

20211218_104336.jpg

Kartman

New elf
Generous elf
I had a friend paint all my coro props excluding the candy canes that already came painted. Not sure if it affected the display but they looked better during the day. But keep in mind I also cast resin icicles so they looked like real icicles!

If you are going to paint your coro make sure you prime it properly first. Mine were not primed and the paint started to chip off, so we added a coat of anti-graffiti paint that sort of help all the paint together and made it harder to chip.

Attachments

• P1050134.JPG
    P1050134.JPG
    459.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220103_105629.jpg
    20220103_105629.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18