Pulling my hair out.. need some help

burner

Full time elf
What State/Suburb are you in? You may be close enough for someone on these forums to go and have a look, and possibly bring some spares to test out.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
How have you got the controller powered up, which way did you set the bridges on the connector, ive seen where people have used 5vdc and then tried to use the voltage regulator which is only used with voltages above 7vdc, this caused similar issues, but im not sure if its your issue.

tjames

New elf
Well, after waayy too much time messing with this I finally figured out the problem, as it was somewhat of a perfect storm of issues that kept me from pinpointing it. It turns out that all three of the new 12v power supplies I ordered this year are junk. The reason that I didn't catch the problem earlier is primarily because I was using just a cheap $5 voltage meter pen thats junk as well and is incorrectly reading 12v for everything. It wasn't until an electrician friend happened to drop by and tested everything with an actual multimeter and found that all three power supplies are only putting out 5.5v instead of 12. Since my voltage meter was reading correctly and all three power supplies I tried were giving me the same results I ruled them out as a cause of the problem early on, which unfortunately led to all of my wasted hours on this.